● The set up & management of internal Development Centers.
● Engagement of 3rd party vendors for Development resource bodyshopping and/or outsourced to budget.
● Management of outsourced Development Centres to ensure their quality, timeliness and adherence to budget.
● Quality Assurance of all code output from the Development Centres, i.e. Software Testing.
● Selection and definition of the company’s software development methodology.
● Ensure that proper coding conventions and documentation standards are maintained.
● Evaluation and identification of appropriate technology platforms (including web/platform/device application frameworks and the deployment stacks) for delivering the company’s services to the customer.
● Production of all solutions documentation including (but not limited to): Technical Solution Designs, Wireframes, Interface contracts, Software Architecture diagrams.
● Work with the Product Team to ensure that all delivered software meets the functional requirements.
● Work with the Operations Team to ensure that all delivered software meets the non-functional requirements (security, scalability, maintainability, performance).
● Work with the Program Office team to ensure that the software development components of major projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
● Design, implementation and management of software development processes and tools.
● Ensure that all solutions delivered adhere to the industry best practices, including (but not limited to)
● Microservices built/deployed where appropriate, Server-less, Only modern programming languages such as node.js, python, Vue js/React js, Single page applications where applicable, Containerised, so moveable between clouds, Nosql storage,Dynamic caching
● The candidate must be confident enough to recommend COTS solutions to business requirements where he/she feels that it is more appropriate than a custom-coded solution
● The candidate must identify opportunities and risks, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
● The candidate will work with other technology and business leaders to ensure that Software Engineering technology is fully leveraged to deliver the business strategy
● Mentor and upskill the development and testing teams to ensure that they can evolve as the company pivots towards being technology-driven and technology leaders within the industry.
Qualification and Experience
● Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience with 5+ years in technical management.
● Experience in leading teams and driving transformation.
● Deep exposure and understanding of Agile/Lean Methodologies.
● Comfortable with reviewing code ensuring code quality of engineers.
● Experience with building high performing engineering teams.
● Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Able to welcome and adapt to change.
● Able to define and articulate big-picture goals and milestones while maintaining strong attention to detail to all audiences.
● Prior experience in high-availability, high-traffic transactional sites.
● Expert in designing, building and managing large scale systems in the cloud.
● Strong development experience using languages such as Node.JS, Java & Bash and familiarity with languages such as Python on Unix based platforms
● Experienced in building Android & IOS mobile applications in either native or hybrid form, preferably using Ionic
● Strong UI/UX development experience using ReactJS, Vue Js and other similar UI/UX frameworks
● Have experience in DevOps & Infrastructure as code practices specifically in technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, Kafka and similar technologies
● Experienced in AI and machine learning using open source solutions such as TensorFlow, Hadoop, Spark and other similar data science tech stack
● Knowledge on infrastructure with demonstrated ability to design solutions Unix based OS, storage, databases & network
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org